WAG Level 8 beam requirements?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

kayjaybe

Proud Parent
My L8 dd is working herself back from an injury (broken fingers). For her last meet, she was only able to compete floor and she did a modified routine to remove all work with her hands.

She is now able to use her hands and has been working to get her beam routine back. However, she is not yet able to do her BHS-BHS tumbling pass on beam. She can do her round-off, back-tuck dismount. She is NOT able to do just a standing back tuck on beam.

Does she have any options if she can't do BHS-BHS? Is BWO-BHS acceptable in L8?

Our gym requires BHS-BHS to get to L8, but they are more flexible when someone had all their skills and are working back from an injury. Just wondering what the options are (if any) before dd asks if there is any way to do a modified beam routine in our next meet.

I know that girls at DD's gym have done BWO/BHS before. Several competed it last year when they struggled with the BHS/BHS. I don't see why yours could not do it for right now?

BWO BHS fulfills the series requirement - assuming she also has the 4 As and 4 B's, you are good to go!

I would guess her 4 b's would be the BHS, Roundoff, switch leap and 180 split jump and her 4 a's would be the BWO, back tuck dismount, full turn and another jump connected to the split jump...

BWO BHS fulfills the series requirement - assuming she also has the 4 As and 4 B's, you are good to go!

I would guess her 4 b's would be the BHS, Roundoff, switch leap and 180 split jump and her 4 a's would be the BWO, back tuck dismount, full turn and another jump connected to the split jump...

Yes, this works. A variety of jump turns on the beam also count as Bs. She'll be fine!

Thanks, all. Very helpful.

Would a handstand, step-down BHS also work for the series with flight? I think that is what she is doing right now to work herself back.

Yes, if she holds the handstand 2 seconds. That was what my DD was first working when coming back from a broken toe (and then BWO-BHS) before her most recent injury.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back