Floor
round of
cartwheel
back extension roll
balk walk over
front walk over (kinda)
front tuck
front handspring (kinda)
round off back handspring (and with 2 back handsprings)
just starting to work back tucks

Vault:
simple front hand spring

Bar's
Front hip circle
back hip circle
glide kip
long hang pullover
sol circle (dismount)
tuck flyaway dismount
just starting cast handstands ( mine are really good on bungee thingy)

Beam:
tuck jump connected to split jump
full turn
cartwheel (working on cartwheel cartwheel)
pike jump
handstand

Questions:
what level do you think I am.
what level are most high schoolers (I am going into high school next year)
what level do you think I can get to by 17
I have competed prep - opt novice and I have received 4 - 5 medals in every meet except 1 where I got 3 medals
now I am moving to prep - opt intermediate
please include your affiliation with gymnastics (level, years you've been doing it) etc.
also include helpful tips if you have any

Hi i think in AUS you would be a solid level 4 although the level 4's at my gym are doing backtucks on beam lol but in America a a good level 5 going to 6 :)

i am the same as you im 14 started when i was 13 turning 14 and im level 4 on everything but bars which my bars is level 1 but im in Rec so levels r pretty weir and i am a solid level 2 but have like a handstand on beam and cartwheel ect. soyeah im not really sure but around where you are now is where a highschooler should be.
i actually think if you work hard you could get to level 10 but most likely 9 :)
Be strong work conditioning lots and things will come easier!! DETERMINATION :)
-jess

;i would say around level five, with a few level six skills.
uh, most gymnasts who are in high school are probably in optionals. ( level seven to ten )
what level do you think I can get to by 17 ; depends on how are you work and how commited you are to the sport.
since you said you are in prep op.. i wouldnt know cause i dont know the levels in prep op.. USAG wise.i dont know! everyones different, based on youre progress i think you have a chance at level nine or ten.
please include your affiliation with gymnastics level four, going five next month. i've been doing gymnastics since November or October of last year. ( worst memory ever!)

work hard! practice splits, handstands, leaps, turns and strength at home!

You are definitely NOT lvl 4 in Australia!!!

Ok well you are a level 5 in Australia and America (i am pretty sure for america)

A typical set of routines for level 5 Australia is

Bars: Kip cast back hip circle tuck on long hang pullover or long kip (bonus) cast sole circle dismount

Beam: Mount, Cartwheel/forward walkover/backward walkover/tic tok, Straight Jump Split Jump, full turn, Split Leap, front salto or cartwheel straight jump dismount

Floor: Handspring two feet rebound cartwheel cartwheel (this is all connected), Round off BHS, Split leap, straight jump with full turn, Back extension to handstand, full turn

Vault: Front handspring

That is for Australia

America is fairly similar i think

High schoolers are probably generally lvl 6 +

I think you could make lvl 7 or lvl 8 if you worked hard

Lvl 4 gymnast in Australia could compete level 5 if it weren't for my stupid coach who wants everything perfect!!!!!!!!!! grrr >.<

Yes, In Australia you sound like a level 5. But usually in Australia because of the bonus system the coaches to hold athletes back a little to get the bonus points. So you would either be a very good level 4 or an average level 5.

Gymgurl most Australian coaches expect very high standards before moving up and keep gymnasts down longer. As the gymnasts going through the levels system are not heading for elite, they don't see the need to rush. If you go to a comp you will see most level 5's competing round off flic back tuck, and front handspring front tuck for example. So it seems your coach wants you do well competitively.

aussiecoach thats exactly what i was going to say our level 4's do layouts on floor so coach's do tend to hold back to get better results :)

The system is set up for it, an Australian level 4 is usually at least level 5-6 standard.

Thanks everyone for all the help. I will repost the question. More answers welcome. The question;

I am 14
I just started gymnastics last year when I was 13, and my skills are:

Floor
round of
cartwheel
back extension roll
balk walk over
front walk over (kinda)
front tuck
front handspring (kinda)
round off back handspring (and with 2 back handsprings)
just starting to work back tucks

Vault:
simple front hand spring

Bar's
Front hip circle
back hip circle
glide kip
long hang pullover
sol circle (dismount)
tuck flyaway dismount
just starting cast handstands ( mine are really good on bungee thingy)

Beam:
tuck jump connected to split jump
full turn
cartwheel (working on cartwheel cartwheel)
pike jump
handstand

Questions:
what level do you think I can get to by 17
I have competed prep - opt novice and I have received 4 - 5 medals in every meet except 1 where I got 3 medals
now I am moving to prep - opt intermediate
please include your affiliation with gymnastics (level, years you've been doing it) etc.
also include helpful tips if you have any

Yes, In Australia you sound like a level 5. But usually in Australia because of the bonus system the coaches to hold athletes back a little to get the bonus points. So you would either be a very good level 4 or an average level 5.

Gymgurl most Australian coaches expect very high standards before moving up and keep gymnasts down longer. As the gymnasts going through the levels system are not heading for elite, they don't see the need to rush. If you go to a comp you will see most level 5's competing round off flic back tuck, and front handspring front tuck for example. So it seems your coach wants you do well competitively.
Now that i think about it that is so true Aussie Coach! Because i have all my level 5 skills except kip and am working on lvl 6 skills. I guess i was just annoyed because this is my last year of competitive gym (if i even finish this year) because of year 11 and 12 are big years so i was hoping i would leave the sport in a higher level than i started in thanks for telling me that it is common everywhere and its not just my new coach!

level 5 with a few level six skills just dont worry about what level you'll be on in the future worry about what level your on know trust me i'm on level 8 i was a national champion on level 6 in 2005 im 14 1/2 years and i strained my ankle and lost my championship i got bumped down from level 9 to 4 and had to work my way back up to level 8 national champion which i am now so just keep working hard and you'll get their i promise. I am a 2010 national champion

your choice,
LMP:)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back