Levels-I.O and Level 7

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I im deciding what level gonna do next season... What are the differences? ik that I.O is for aau (which im am) but what are the skills? Level 7 skills? and what are the major things i should know about the levels to make my decision?? Start values? floor music? anything really that would help!

AAU IO has special requirements on all events which are worth .2 (USAG L7 special requirements are worth .5).
IO requires 1 B skill and L7 requires 2 B skills. Both require 5 A elements.

Vault values differ, at L7 all counting vaults are worth a 10, IO has different SVs for vaults, and I believe a Front Handspring vault is worth a 9.4, I think. I don't have it all in front of me right now...but it is definitely NOT worth a 10 like it is in L7.

AAU IO Special Requirements:
UB: The only special requirement is a bar change...significantly easier than L7
BB: Full Turn, Dance Connection, Acro Skill (no flight required) & a dismount with flight (with or without hands)
(EX. Routine: Full Turn, Split Jump/Straight Jump connection, Cartwheel, Wolf Jump, Front tuck dismount)
FX: Full turn, leap series, 2 tumbling passes (containing at least 1 flight skill)
(EX. Routine: Full Turn, Leap/Side Leap connection, FHS Step Out/Round-off, Round-off Back Tuck)

AAU IO is more similar to Prep Op than L7...however, the biggest difference between IO and Prep Op is that in IO non value-part skills that are in the compulsory routines DO NOT COUNT. So, you can't do a 3/4 handstand on beam and get credit for it.

Lots of gyms that compete AAU use IO as a transition between L5 and L7 if they don't choose to compete L6.

We judge a TON of AAU in our area, so let me know if you have any additional questions.

Hope this helps!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back