WAG Live scoring for MSO

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

LindyHopper

Proud Parent
So... How long ago did Meet Scores Online start charging $2.99/month for live scoring? My husband thinks it totally sucks. He says every gym that uses it should find another company... One that doesn't charge spectators. (He's really frustrated, because he can't make Short Stack's meet this afternoon).

I'll admit that I am mildly annoyed myself.

So... How long ago did Meet Scores Online start charging $2.99/month for live scoring? My husband thinks it totally sucks. He says every gym that uses it should find another company... One that doesn't charge spectators. (He's really frustrated, because he can't make Short Stack's meet this afternoon).

I'll admit that I am mildly annoyed myself.

What??? We did not have to pay two weeks ago. Let's all refuse to pay so they will reconsider.

I tried to see LiveScores and was not able as I'm not a "Subscriber."
We've been to meets that use Beyond the Scores, much smaller than Meet Scores Online but seems to work well enough. I think they have a phone app too. So there are other options out there if meets start looking elsewhere.

I tried to see LiveScores and was not able as I'm not a "Subscriber."
We've been to meets that use Beyond the Scores, much smaller than Meet Scores Online but seems to work well enough. I think they have a phone app too. So there are other options out there if meets start looking elsewhere.

There is also MyUSAgym which has an app. Not all meets are on there, but you can search by state to see which ones will be. Most of our meets are there.

Reactions: sce
I see the paywall too which is odd because this is what it says on their site...

"MeetScoresOnline
We offer a free service for publishing live gymnastic results from ProScore, ScoreMaster and other leading scoring software vendors. Fans connect to live results online, via website, mobile, txt, and Live Scoreboards courtside at the gymnastics event. Parents and athletes create their AGymnast profile linking competition videos, listing skills & accomplishments and more!"

You're right. No more live results unless you pay. No, thanks! I could see live results yesterday, but no longer!!

This week, MSO has also been sending out emails and posting messages stating that their gymnast of the year banquet may be canceled due to low ticket sales. They’re begging everyone to buy tickets. Me thinks there may be some money issues happening.

Reactions: sce
If they are having financial difficulties they could start charging the meets. On-line live scoring could be a selling point for meets. Of course we parents would still end up paying one way or another, but somehow it's less annoying to pay $3 extra in meet fees than it is to be asked to pay $2.99 a month to see the scores, after we are already paying $100+ for the meet fee and $10-20 per person for the pleasure of watching.

Agreed. Or, if this is indeed the way they feel is best for them, some better communication and explanation would go a long way.

I’ve always thought MSO was mysterious. It’s so well known and relied on by so many but the site is always glitchy and clunky and just not laid out very well.

I’ve always thought they needed a revamp before someone else comes along and replaces them. If they start charging fees that just might be an incentive for someone else to do just that.

If they wanna start charging they better step up their game.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back