Parents Love her attitude..

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

MILgymFAM

Proud Parent
Finally convinced DDs coach to let her add onto the 6 hrs that gold trains- I was told to pick from the gold practice schedule. We went with an extra two hour practice on Tuesdays (gold practices are all two hours). It's billed as a gold practice (DD practices with the platinum girls), but when we got here tonight it's all much younger bronzes and silvers.

Instead of getting annoyed in any way, DD came up to me and said, "well, I can be a role model!" and "maybe they will work basics- everyone can always use more basics."

After being in practice for a bit she came for her grips. She pointed to the single rec bar and said they use it instead of the uneven bars. DDs reaction was "I wanted more hours- I will take what I can get."

I know that at 13 she could be a sullen, cranky teen, so I am happy and surprised to still be getting such a great attitude from her. I bet she will make the most of it too.

I am a lucky mother, for sure. My MIL used to joke that I needed to find religion because ODD was destined to be a saint. I used to just laugh and laugh. I still chuckle at that every time she grumps about cleaning her room, but overall I just marvel at my good luck. Both my girls have been far more pleasure than pain so far. I used to always be told that my kids would give me everything I gave my parents, multiplied, but luckily that has been completely untrue! Ha ha

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back