Parents Meet Report for 3rd L5 meet

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

This was a much better meet than the first two. Her vault is improving, and she managed to fix her handstand on beam. She did a great job, and she had an amazing time. It was actually a good meet for the whole team. She placed first on all the events. She actually tied her best gym buddy on vault, bars, and floor for first, but her AA score was higher so she took the first place awards. I felt a little sorry for her gym buddy, but last week it was the opposite. Her gym buddy placed first in the AA. They actually compliment each other very well, and they push each other to improve each and every day.

First up was bars, 9.6 1st Place (Her highest bar score ever)
Beam 9.35 - 1st Place
Floor 9.2 - 1st Place (but rolled her ankle at the end of ro/bhs/bhs, and vault
was next:()
Vault 8.4 - 1st Place (she wrapped her ankle and went for it, still needs work
but showing great improvement)
AA - 36.60 1st Place :) (Highest of the season)

Her team also took first with just 3 girls. They were so happy to find their
coaches and present them with the award.

This was their second meet in as many weeks. They have another meet next weekend, and then they finally get a weekend off. I can't wait because I think they are in need of some rest. (And I know I am in need of some rest!)

YouTube - Laurel's 3rd L5 Meet - Sparkler Tumble.wmv

What a great meet, she looks so polished...I thought her floor score should be a little higher actually. She makes L5 look so easy, especially bars. What a great season she is having.

Beautiful routines all around. Congrats to her on a great meet! She has beautiful form and is very polished.

Abby has back to back meets, only 3 though. She had one last weekend, one yesterday and competes again already on Friday, too much. I think we all need a break. LOL.

Wow, she looks great! I was super impressed with her beam and bar routines, especially. She looks just perfect out there! Vault will come in time. She's headed for a really fantastic Level 5 season.

Meg

Wow great job and great scores. One other my daughter's teammates and her made a pact last week that they would not get mad at each other if one placed higher at their next meet.

Nice! Big congrats to her and her team.

I cant wait to watch the video later with Midget.

I want to thank all of you for your nice comments and give you an update on how this week has gone. She went into practice yesterday on such a high from this weekend. After about 45mins, I get a call from the coach. My dd had busted her eyebrow open during conditioning. (She is a little clumsy like her mom) We were lucky to make it up to the Fast ER before they closed. They gave her stitches, and we were out within 30 mins. Before we even made it to the car, she informed me that she still had 45mins left of practice, so back to the gym we go. What dedication!!

From reading all the threads, it just amazes me how tough, dedicated, and stubborn all of our dd's are. Aren't they amazing!

Oh my gosh how hysterical that she wants to go back to practice after that!!:D I love it. She deserves to get some extra points at her next meet for that one!

Back to practice?? I love it...:) It reminds me of this quote, "Excellence is not a skill, it's an attitude."

Team champions with only 3 girls?? That is amazing...

Way to go...

Sean

Very nice routines. She deserves every bit of those scores. I thought the vault was crazy low but at least (I assume) they were consistent.

Yes, she's a true, tough gymmie! :)

Congrats to her on her great meet!

Her situation with her best friend from gym reminds me of my dd and her bf at gym. What I love about it is that, while they are competitors at meets, they sincerely cheer each other on at the meets and, at practice, they help each other. It's a joy to watch. I hope that your dd and her bf share the same type of healthy, positive relationship, and that both relationships stay that way!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back