Meet report

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

MaryA

Proud Parent
Proud Parent
So, the competition was killer at dd's first level 6 meet yesterday. Not only was the host team one of the best in the state, but there was a team from a neighboring state who, I'm sure would have been top-notch at any time of year, but this was actually the END of their season. We actually saw a 9.9 on beam. Wow!

Anyway, here are Kathy's scores. She came up in every event except for floor (darn tucks still not pretty) from the mock meet at the gym last Friday.

Vault: 8.6
Bars: 7.5 (stuck the fly away)
Floor: 7.7
Beam: 9.1 THIRD PLACE!
AA: 32.9, which in our state (at level 6 only, other levels are higher) is enough to qualify her for States! Anyway, I could tell she was dissappointed in her floor score. She's used to that being one of her highest scores, but she was one of the few girls on her team to go home with a medal, and watching her do a beautiful beam routine was definitely worth the price of admission! I was really glad it earned her a medal, in spite of the killer competition.

Wow Kathy had a great meet, placing in L6 is lovely and as you know it is a BIG step up from L5. Plus Kathy has gone through many changes in the last few months. I am totally impressed that she qualified for states on er very first meet. With that out of the way she can enjoy the rest of her meets and work on those little things.

Did that leo show up?

yay! im so happy she stuck her flyaway. sounds like a successful meet to me, stuck flyaway, placed on beam & qualified for states woooooohooooo!

Here is the video from the beam routine. And yes, the new leos did show up... less than 24 hours before the first meet, but I'm not complaining. [video=youtube;iycPw5S0pC8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iycPw5S0pC8[/video]

Nice routine!! She looked very confident for her 1st time doing a L6 meet. The other scores will come up. And a big congrats for qualifying to states!!!!

Congrats to her! I think those are great scores for a first L6 meet...such a tough level...and qualifying for states on the first try...woo hoo!

Congrats to her,her beam routine was fantastic. For her 1st level 6 meet she did amazing. Hopefully she doesnt get discouraged about the floor, it will come :)

Congratulations on a great first L6 meet and qualifying for states!! Her beam routine was beautiful- so confident and graceful.

Always good to have the first meet behind you :).

Those are pretty darned good scores for her first meet and level 6 to boot! And a 9.1 on beam! Awesome job. she should be proud! I saw lower scores than that last season, mid season on bars and floors (seems to be where the scores are lower in level 6). My daughter would be tickled to get a vault score like hers (struggles at vault still!) Our first meet is not until next month.
So, the competition was killer at dd's first level 6 meet yesterday. Not only was the host team one of the best in the state, but there was a team from a neighboring state who, I'm sure would have been top-notch at any time of year, but this was actually the END of their season. We actually saw a 9.9 on beam. Wow!

Anyway, here are Kathy's scores. She came up in every event except for floor (darn tucks still not pretty) from the mock meet at the gym last Friday.

Vault: 8.6
Bars: 7.5 (stuck the fly away)
Floor: 7.7
Beam: 9.1 THIRD PLACE!
AA: 32.9, which in our state (at level 6 only, other levels are higher) is enough to qualify her for States! Anyway, I could tell she was dissappointed in her floor score. She's used to that being one of her highest scores, but she was one of the few girls on her team to go home with a medal, and watching her do a beautiful beam routine was definitely worth the price of admission! I was really glad it earned her a medal, in spite of the killer competition.

Congrats to Kathy! Awesome scores for level 6, especially the first meet, and she has the pressure of qualifying to states out of the way. I would say it was a pretty productive way to start the season! Her beam routine is spectacular, such confidence on those tricky new level 6 skills.
I am familiar with the host team and they are tough, so placing is pretty spectacular. I competed at the same meet MANY years ago as a 2nd year level 4 and it's where I got my first placement medals in gymnastics (with painfully low scores!). So your video brought back fond memories :).

WTG, Kathy...awesome meet! But more importantly...how did the hair turn out???? lol

LOL! It was good. After figuring out how to attach a scrunchie around her bun and get it to stay, the HC/owner ended up making them all hair bows (in all her spare time? I swear to God this woman is super-human) attached to pony-tail-holders and asked them all to wear those. I wasn't sure how that would work around the bun, but it seemed to do just fine, and it was still holding when we got home a full 12 hours (5 spent in the car) after I put it up. Someone commented to her on how nice her hair looked and she relied "Thanks. My MOM did it!":highfive:

Great first meet! Her beam routine was very nice! And already qualified for state!! Now you can just sit back and relax the rest of the season!!!

Congrats to both of you (great hair & scores)!! I loved her full turn and dismount on beam -- very nice. I hope my DD qualifies for state first meet to take the pressure off. Still 3 weeks to go till the first L6 meet.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back