Men's Vault Difficulty Scores

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

MoonKid

Gymnast/Coach
I'm wondering if anyone can tell me what vault(s) have 6.2 difficulty score in the Men's FIG Code of Points.

Thanks.

I'm wondering if anyone can tell me what vault(s) have 6.2 difficulty score in the Men's FIG Code of Points.

Thanks.

oh geez...all the ones that are crazy difficult! i regret i don't have my code here at home.

Off the top of my head, I believe they are:

Handspring layout 3/2
Yurchenko layout 2/1
Tsuk layout 2/1 (or Kaz layout 1/1)
Yurchenko 1/2 on front layout 1/1 off (I'm not positive about this one; it might be a 6.0)

That's all going from memory, so I might be wrong on some of those; I'll doublecheck later and get back to you.

What's the difference between a Tsuk and a Kaz? I recall it being explained by a commentator at one Worlds, but I don't remember offhand.

Generally, a tsuk-type vault will twist in the same direction in postflight as in preflight. In a kaz-type vault, the gymnast changes directions.

More specifically, a tsuk refers to 1/2 on, back salto off or 1/4 on, 1/4 and back salto off. A kaz specifically refers to a 1/4 on, 3/4 off in the opposite direction (which looks very much like a tsuk 1/1, and is scored the same way).

So a kaz is like a tsuk 1/1, but twists the opposite direction. A kaz 1/1 is like a tsuk 2/1, but again, twists the opposite direction.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back