Parents My nerves are shot, but it was worth it!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Amber

Proud Parent
DD, 7, just finished her second meet today. She placed 4th on floor, 3rd on vault, and 2nd on beam and bars. This is her second year competing, and nerves are starting to catch up to her. Last year, meets were always fun and she always looked forward to them.

She has been worrying about the beam for a couple of days, leading to tears the day before the meet. In practice, her stress has become obvious, and she had more falls than usual on the beam. So watching the meet, I was a ball of nerves leading up to beam, which, of course (just to torture us), was last. I just wanted her to finish without falling off, no matter what score. She was so scared, her legs were shaking when she was waiting to mount. But, she took some deep breaths, and did a nice routine! No falls! And got second place overall for her level 4 session!

I'm proud of her...she is not only progressing in skills, but learning how to be brave and cope with fear and stress:)!

getting a handle on nerves and coping in a meet are big accomplishments. placing well is just icing on the cake after that. DD started showing nerves during her 2nd level of competition and those meets were just all about learning to control the nerves. congrats to your dd

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back