Parents MYMEETSCORES.com not posting Scores

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I agree with the others. When my dd competed level 2, her scores were all on mymeetscores. I don't think there is any reason why level 2 scores specifically wouldn't be posted. I would guess that the whole meet just wasn't posted. Try googling the name of the meet and the word "results".

We've never had the gym email the scores to us or really talk about them after the meets. But I have no problem with a gymnast or parent wanting to know them. I know my dd wanted to know her scores and while I agree that no one should obsess about them, especially at the earlier levels, I don't think there is anything wrong with wanting to know what scores they got. Good luck finding them!

Hi, level 2 mom here...we had our first "in house" meet. Our gym emailed the scores to us. I had a very general question about scoring, and the owner of the gym flipped out a little on me and told me not to look at scores, don't talk about scores, and for our level 2, it would probably be the last time scores are emailed out...wow. So I looked on all the scoring sites mentioned in this thread, mymeetscores etc., and noticed that Level 2 scores are not posted anywhere. Is that because most Level 2's don't compete? Does anyone know of a site where they are posted? The only reason I want to know her scores is because during this first meet, I never saw what she got on two events...one was just never posted, and the other I missed because I wasn't paying attention...I'm sure my daughter would like to know her scores. Thanks for any help on where I can find them (if the owner follows through and doesn't email scores again!)
Thanks everyone for the great input and advise...always good to hear from parents with experience. To address some of the questions raised- the scores that were emailed to us were PDFs, and looked like PDFs from some of the "official" score sites, maybe they sent them to us because it was an "in house" meet and we wouldn't be able to get them otherwise? Our level 2 girls did great, everything from an 8.1 to a 9.5. My daughter scored all 9+ and was quite pleased with herself :) I think I agree that it's good to know what you score - otherwise, isn't it kind of like taking a test in school that you studied hard for, but then never found out your grade? I won't let it make me nuts, I promise. At this early stage I'm just happy to see my young daughter learning how to be a part of a team, and she's having fun

Hahaha, y'all should just be glad you don't have a boy in our region doing Future Stars. At regionals, there are no score flashers and no scoreboards. You find out the score if your coach happens to be with your gymnast (sometimes they're coaching multiple athletes on different events) when he competes and you can either read his lips across the gym or interpret what he means when he holds up fingers. Or maybe you can at least tell if it was good or bad by looking at his face. They do eventually post them online, but that's well after we all know who's going to nationals and who's not.

GymFlip, sounds like your DD is off to a great start!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back