National Gymnastics Challenge-Athens, GA

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

shelovestoflip

Proud Parent
Has anyone ever been to this meet? Is it 'bigger and better' than a regular meet? Do you think it's worth attending?

My daughter's gym has signed up for this meet this season....first time ever. It's our 'travel meet'.....not sure how the coaches pick these meets. I kind of wish it were a travel meet in a more interesting location (nothing against anyone who lives in Athens!!) I google mapped and it seems to be a bit over an hour from Atlanta, so not like we could hang out doing something fun in Atlanta one afternoon, figuring we'd be attending other level meets for our team.

Trying to decide if it's worth going to. We'd need to fly (live in the Northeast and not sure what airfares are like) and stay over....I'm assuming Fri-Sun.

Thanks for any input!

We will be attending this meet also. Do you go to the UGA website to purchase tickets to the college meet? This will be our first time to this meet. Thankfully we can drive to this one, however we will be flying to New York to a meet this year which will cost us a lot of money, but excited to be able to go somewhere I have never been:)

National Gymnastics Challenge

We used to live about 30 minutes from Athens and we've been to this meet twice. It's a really nice facility on the University of Georgia campus. Last year we saw Hillary Mauro (UGA GymDog) walking through the halls just before the meet started. DD got to talk with her and everything. Very cool!

You should definitely try to go to the Gym Dogs meet that weekend. Tons of fun and great gymnastics! The UGA campus is absolutely beautiful and worth at least driving through, walking if you have time. Downtown Athens is also great. Lots of restaurants and shops. Makes for a nice weekend.

We go to this meet also. I love it. The girls had a blast touring the Gym Dogs training facility. They got autographs, posters etc. The college meet is so much fun!!

I personally loved Athens. It's is such a great, artsy town. I could spend hours browsing the shops.

Definitely one of my more favorite meets that we attend.

It is on our tenative meet schedule this year:) Our gym has not done the meet before, but the UGA college meets are so much fun! Definately go to the college meet if you go!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back