WAG Nationals Apparel

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

DefiniteMaybe

Proud Parent
Does anyone have a link to or a pic of the Nationals competition apparel for this year? My dd is itching to know what they look like. She saw a pic at sizing, but she wasn’t sure that was the actual leo.

Do the girls all wear the same leo or are the leos different colors based on the region???

Each region has a colour assigned for a number of years. The girls all wear the same leo style with it's accent colour. They usually have a long sleeve leo, a short sleeved warm up leo, They usually get these on site.

Swag varies region to region.

BA5DB8EB-70A0-4BE7-B6F2-9B0CE5BDAE8E.jpeg EC8E35DE-E2A0-44C5-B121-E9A79EC4BCD2.jpeg Region 1 may be one of the toughest to qualify through, but they do amazing swag! Here’s a picture of what they got at Regionals - the warmups, practice leo and competition Leo are picked up at Nationals.

my DD was commenting on how crazy it is that they get that long sleeve comp leo that they will only wear once! at least the short sleeve one they can wear to practice but when would they wear the long sleeve one again?

View attachment 7191 View attachment 7192 Region 1 may be one of the toughest to qualify through, but they do amazing swag! Here’s a picture of what they got at Regionals - the warmups, practice leo and competition Leo are picked up at Nationals.

View attachment 7191 View attachment 7192 Region 1 may be one of the toughest to qualify through, but they do amazing swag! Here’s a picture of what they got at Regionals - the warmups, practice leo and competition Leo are picked up at Nationals.
That looks pretty similar to what Region 4 gave,out, my daughter left with a full size suitcase with region 4 embroidered on it, a matching backpack, jacket, warm up suit, 4 shirts, a sweatshirt, a pop socket, a water bottle and a full size plush blanket that says Region 4. I couldn't believe it! She left the area where she got sized for everything with the suitcase and I thought that was all she got (which was great!), I had no idea all the stuff that was stuffed inside of it until we got home.

Wow. The boys get a singlet. And if their parents want to purchase some other stuff, they can.

Reactions: sce
my DD was commenting on how crazy it is that they get that long sleeve comp leo that they will only wear once! at least the short sleeve one they can wear to practice but when would they wear the long sleeve one again?

If you take it to a seamstress they can remove the sleeves, so then she will have two cool sleeveless leos. Though one mom told me they kept every comp leo their DD ever wore, I still have visions of that family being the gymnastics equivalent of the Horders tv show. I love my kids, but ho;y moly people need to let stuff go.

If you take it to a seamstress they can remove the sleeves, so then she will have two cool sleeveless leos. Though one mom told me they kept every comp leo their DD ever wore, I still have visions of that family being the gymnastics equivalent of the Horders tv show. I love my kids, but ho;y moly people need to let stuff go.
I don’t keep every leo ever worn but I do keep all comp leos and all regional leos and will add the long sleeved nationals leo to the save pile.

Wow. The boys get a singlet. And if their parents want to purchase some other stuff, they can.

RIght..and what they can purchase are black shorts and gray pommel pants. That's it. no other swag...

I don’t keep every leo ever worn but I do keep all comp leos and all regional leos and will add the long sleeved nationals leo to the save pile.

Okay, do not take this the wrong way, but what do you intend to do with them all? This is a genuine question from someone who moved abroad at 25 with one suitcase and who also travels for weeks using a carry on bag only.

I just cannot imagine keeping so much "stuff".

Okay, do not take this the wrong way, but what do you intend to do with them all? This is a genuine question from someone who moved abroad at 25 with one suitcase and who also travels for weeks using a carry on bag only.

Personally for me, I stick them in the cedar chest for now. My girls, when little, loved having all if my dance costumes that my mom had saved. I cuew this sort of the same. They don't take up much room at all.

I have all of dd’s competition leos, but it really isn’t that many. We only get a new competition leo every other year, so I think she is on her 4th one right now. She’ll get one more before she graduates. I love seeing how tiny her first one was back at old L5. And now she has 2 regional leos as well. Those just go into the rotation to wear for regular practice.

My parents saved some of my things including a competition leo and grips. It’s fun for my kids to see it, see how much has changed, remark about the old style, etc. The old prom dresses are even more fun for them - lots of playing dress up when they were little and now that 80’s and 90’s parties are a thing, thode dresses have come in handy (even for me!) The old cheerleading uniform was once worn on Halloween. Definitely not stuff that needs to be saved, and yes kind of hoarders-ish, but can be kind of fun, too.

At our gym, if a girl competes through Senior year, there is a "tribute" table done... if the girl has all of her comp leotards, they are hung in order from first to last (along with warm ups if she has them). We also do a photo collage and scores through the years.
In our family, we have OG and YG's warm ups from the beginning (except the newest ones, we traded for bigger sizes, so we don't technically have EVERY set, just every style) - OG = 4 sets and YG = 2 sets. Our original plan was to keep at least one comp leotard of each design (3 each so far for OG and YG), but with trading and selling, and in one case, loaning out and getting back irreparable, I only have 2 of the old ones.

I have kept all the competition leotards as well. It's 6 total so far (including the leotard they got for pre-team). Fabric for a leotard is so little, they take up one small space in a drawer in our guest room. I also have most of her t-shirts from meets as I plan on having them made into a blanket if she stays in gymnastics through her senior year. Some shirts have been signed by her friends over the years and Olympians she has met. It's a memory keeper for me and for her. I am not much of a hoarder and typically throw most things away (I have kept the outfit my kids came home in from the hospital and their first pair of shoes but everything else has left my home) but gymnastics has ruled her/our lives for such a large portion of her childhood, I don't really see it much different than a school yearbook. I also live in a part of the country that we are fortunate to have larger, affordable homes so I have plenty of closet space/storage areas that saving things we find important isn't an episode of hoarders!

RIght..and what they can purchase are black shorts and gray pommel pants. That's it. no other swag...
Yeah, I think this is mostly a money available thing. Region 1 women's makes their money from holding 4 training camp in the summer/fall every year around the Region. They use this to buy the apparel for Westerns/JO's and pay the entry fee into those meets for all of the Region 1 athletes.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back