WAG New skills aplenty!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My daughter decided she was going to work until she got her front walkover tonight. She worked for about 20 minutes and it's there! So fun to see the determination paying off so quickly.

She also got her jump to highbar at the gym on Friday and swung into an almost perfect looking transition to a kip that she just barely missed. It's the first time she'd ever tried it.

This is such a fun time of development. It seems like there's a new skill everyday. They aren't locked-in and they come and go, but she's doing things that I thought would be impossible in such a short amount of time.

I'm sure others feel the same way. Watching our daughters get new skills is one of the coolest feelings in the world!

Congrats! I remember those days! now, I just cringe when she gets a new skill because it means the next one will have more potential danger.... LOL... Okay, I'm only half kidding on that. It is still great to hear dd's excitement on getting a new skill but I can no longer sit and watch her "get" a new skill. frightens me too much to watch the process.

Enjoy it now while it's harmless to your heart! I have fond memories of watching her achieve her first skills.

That is really great, congrats to her! It is a fun time when things just start to click and they are getting a lot of new skills at once. Then there's the "lull" when they work on perfecting those skills (and you work on not looking quite so terrified when your little girl is throwing herself from bar to bar and up on that beam).

Then the next round of skills begins!

That is awesome. I homeschool my dd and I feel the same way when something clicks. We have been working new math skills lately (3rd grade is a big jump in Math) and I squeal with delight when she "gets it." Love those aha moments:)

My DDs a lot older than yours, and I don't think the feeling ever goes away when they get new skills. It's exciting for everyone (coaches, DD, DH, DS, me -- okay maybe DS could care less about anything gymnastics :rolleyes:), In some ways I think it might be even more exciting as the skills get more difficult so you have a lot to look forward to.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back