WAG New Xcel Dismount Tap Swing 1/2 1/2

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

procmadz

Gymnast
Does anyone have a video of what this would look like? DD is doing well and is working for platinum but doesn’t have a bar dismount yet (maybe a flyaway, but it’ll take time). She competed tap swing half turn last year for gold and it sounds like something she would find easy. Any advice on the skill or any videos would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Interesting...

Screenshot 2023-08-06 at 8.38.57 PM.png

You would just do a swing 1/2 turn and push off the bar to another 1/2 and land on the ground. The twisting would have to go all in the same direction. That is how I am reading that.

I know we have upper level girls do it all the time when they miss a blind change and drop down.

Does anyone have a video of what this would look like? DD is doing well and is working for platinum but doesn’t have a bar dismount yet (maybe a flyaway, but it’ll take time). She competed tap swing half turn last year for gold and it sounds like something she would find easy. Any advice on the skill or any videos would be appreciated.

Thanks!
What is her routine? What is her B element? She can do an underswing or sole circle dismount from high bar. She can also add a 1/2 twist to that as well. Reverse flyaways work great for kids with mental blocks on flyaways.

It would be kip, cast, clear hip, kip, squat on, tap, dismount (or HB kip, dismount)
So her B is the clear hip so all good. I would do the underswing dismount and keep.working the flyaway. You don't need a flyaway until diamond so she has time. Best of luck to her!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back