Parents Northern Lights meet update

• Thread starter Thread starter cathiann
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    meet

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
C

cathiann

Last meet before State! Beth did all 4 events again and improved her score over the last meet on each, so that's good! They started on vault--after getting a report from the 7s (who were in the session before) that the judges were "mean" LOL! Turns out they were "mean" because they fell alot. The judging was fair though! Beth did a front handspring for her vault again--and got an 8.7--second highest vault score for her team, so she was happy.
Bars went fairly well--no falls this week! She got an 8.6. Bobble on beam (after a rock solid warm up again LOL!) 8.9--14th place (only event she placed on--she was in the tough 12 & under age group). Floor she had an 8.6. I still can't wait until she gets a new floor routine--she just doesn't show this one off well! Her all-around was 34.6--which means she got her mobility score for level 9 next year!

I'll have Sami put the video up on Youtube today (working this weekend, so sleeping during the day).

Congrats on a very nice meet and the mobility score for L9!!!

Beth is consistenly getting better! Will she get a new floor routine before States or will she get it for L9 next yr?

Good luck at States! :D

Great that she is continuously improving and that she got that magic score!

sounds like she did great!! Mia did hers on Friday night! Man tho DH went nuts how much we spent just for the meet! 50$ for parking and getting in plus the 80$ he said she wont be doing that one again.

sorry OT but:Did her team go to the Gopher meet this weekend?

Woohoo! Congrats to her. What a way to come back after her injury. Lots of luck to her at States!!

Beth is consistenly getting better! Will she get a new floor routine before States or will she get it for L9 next yr?

Good luck at States! :D

Oh-next year for level 9! She's worried her coach will back out of it, but I reassured her they never go more than 2 yrs with a routine--even when injured. (I think they worry the gymnast will get bored with the routine).

sounds like she did great!! Mia did hers on Friday night! Man tho DH went nuts how much we spent just for the meet! 50$ for parking and getting in plus the 80$ he said she wont be doing that one again.

sorry OT but:Did her team go to the Gopher meet this weekend?

A bunch of the 10s went, I think. We didn't go though (I worked all weekend, so slept both days--DH wasn't willing to bring Beth to watch the 9s and 10s on Saturday due to the $$ involved--man was that expensive! And no gymnast gift either--and our HC said the coaches food was awful LOL!)

Nice Job Beth! I am glad to hear got her L9 Pass up! since we didnt get to meet at any L8 meets maybe we can meet at some L9 meets next year.

I thought this year was a way better set up and better pricing for the meet than last year! We didnt eat at the meet and found on street parking about 3 blocks away.

BTW - the rumor around our gym was the gymnasts are going to get some photos from the meet as the 'gift'. Did you hear that at all?

Nice Job Beth! I am glad to hear got her L9 Pass up! since we didnt get to meet at any L8 meets maybe we can meet at some L9 meets next year.

I thought this year was a way better set up and better pricing for the meet than last year! We didnt eat at the meet and found on street parking about 3 blocks away.

BTW - the rumor around our gym was the gymnasts are going to get some photos from the meet as the 'gift'. Did you hear that at all?
I did here that the other night! I can deal with that!!

We got Phots from the Spirit Invite it was kinda nice. although i dont know about you guys my teen loves the t-shirts.

I hadn't heard that--had a meeting with our head coach (for the booster club board) and he didn't know anything about it either. Would be nice--maybe they heard all the grumbling about lack of gift, etc. (loved the seating at the meet--can't beat chairs with backs AND good views--it was expensive though!)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back