Coaches Number of level 8 tumbling passes

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Coach2400

Coach
Proud Parent
I'm looking for input on how many tumbling passes you require in a level 8 floor routine? Your reasoning for it would really help me out. Im thinking less is better. First pass: rf ff full and second pass: front handspring, front pike, front tuck. What are the pro's and con's of two passes only?
Thanks!!

There will almost definitely be a deduction for "routine not up to competitive level" because three passes is the standard.

Do you know what that deduction is? Im trying to weigh another pass or take the 1 or 2 tenths? I thought that would be if you didnt meet the required A's and B's in a routine. We will have two B's covered in tumbling and 3 B's that are dance elements. Five B's total. I would think that would cover the level of difficulty deduction. Thank you for responding!

Do you know what that deduction is? Im trying to weigh another pass or take the 1 or 2 tenths? I thought that would be if you didnt meet the required A's and B's in a routine. We will have two B's covered in tumbling and 3 B's that are dance elements. Five B's total. I would think that would cover the level of difficulty deduction. Thank you for responding!
Coach2400 - You are correct. As long as you have half of your total B's covered in the 2 passes, and a balance between B's in the front and back tumbling, you won't get the deduction. I have seen floor routines win at level 8 Regionals with the 2 passes you describe(or something similar).

Coach2400 - You are correct. As long as you have half of your total B's covered in the 2 passes, and a balance between B's in the front and back tumbling, you won't get the deduction. I have seen floor routines win at level 8 Regionals with the 2 passes you describe(or something similar).
I was concerned mostly at the regional level so that really answers my question. I have a khorkina (C) as one of the dance elements and that covers the difficulty (lol) in my opinion!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back