Parents Olympian files lawsuit against USAG physician

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

In a sense, this is a good thing, I think the recent accusations that came out last month really encouraged people to come forward and finally say something.
Edited to clarify, I meant it's a good thing that things like this are finally out in the open, and hopefully will encourage other athletes to stop being silent about things like this....as well as become a starting point for USAG to figure out structure regulations and policies so things like this NEVER happen again.

The details are pretty horrific...and the original plaintiff seems to be suing not only Nassar but all of the USAG employees during that time ("defendants 6-500")...

Yes -- I read the 43 page document. It is pretty horrible and casts a wide net of people who knew/should have known.

Scary stuff.

What is ridiculous?

Well, let's see. It's ridiculous that so many prominent USAG figures/coaches have taken advantage of innocent, young girls. It's ridiculous that the poor girls felt they needed to hide it/comply for years and years. It's ridiculous that USAG as an organization learns of allegations and allows the perpetrator to continue to work with young girls/children. Apparently, USAG knew of these allegations a year ago and although Nassar resigned his post, they did not report anything to Twistars or the University in Michigan where Nassar continued to work.

Well, let's see. It's ridiculous that so many prominent USAG figures/coaches have taken advantage of innocent, young girls. It's ridiculous that the poor girls felt they needed to hide it/comply for years and years. It's ridiculous that USAG as an organization learns of allegations and allows the perpetrator to continue to work with young girls/children. Apparently, USAG knew of these allegations a year ago and although Nassar resigned his post, they did not report anything to Twistars or the University in Michigan where Nassar continued to work.
I find all that many things. Infuriating, sad, maddening, sickening, revolting. Ridiculous wasn't one. Thanks for clarifying.

Would you send your kid to the ranch after this? If USAG knew a year ago, why did they not do anything to protect other children?
I don't send my kid anywhere I don't know and trust who she is going with. The key being knowing and trusting. I don't trust blindly.

So no my kid would just not go anywhere, including the Ranch, without lots of detail and knowing who she had her back. I would also likely be nearby.

I don't send my kid anywhere I don't know and trust who she is going with. The key being knowing and trusting. I don't trust blindly.

So no my kid would just not go anywhere, including the Ranch, without lots of detail and knowing who she had her back. I would also likely be nearby.

Lots of people trusted Nassar. His name was golden. You just never know who is going to take advantage.

Would you send your kid to the ranch after this? If USAG knew a year ago, why did they not do anything to protect other children?

USAG is going to be in huge damage control mode after this...

And as far as going to the Ranch, when my girls were there, they were with our club coach and sometimes a club teammate, and most times, I stayed around Houston somewhere. I asked my girls tonight if they ever remember Nassar being around there and neither one did...going forward if I had a kid going for TOPS camps or developmental camps, I would be looking for more safeguards in place....and if I'm still not satisfied, I suppose there is the option of staying in the Houston area and shuttling my child to and from the Ranch everyday...you could hang out on the property reading or something while waiting.

There are a lot of people that completely trusted him. You just never know and precautions should always be taken to protect children. Yes that means you don't trust people that are maybe trustworthy. But better to be safe than sorry.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back