One for the gymnasts (or anyone who can answer i guess..) I run out of energy at gym!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Lately i have been going to gym with a lot of energy, but as soon as we get to our second event I crash. It isnt like I am exhausted from strength, but i really suddenly feel like i cant control my limbs anymore because i am so tired. I try to push through it but some days it is just overwhelming. Bars is the scariest. Have you ever tried to do giants and clear hip hands when your arms feel like noodles?? AAAHHH!!!
I eat healthy (Most of the time :p) and I dont know how to keep my energy up while i am at gym. It might be a stupid question, but if you have any advice on something to eat or drink or do before gym i would really appreciate it. Thanks!!

It's tough to say, but there are several possibilities. The first is an issue with your blood sugar. That will require the involvement of your physician. It could also be inadequate nutrition prior to your workout. I always make sure to adequately hydrate, take a little bit of carbs and plenty of protein prior to a good workout. Protein helps provide sustained energy. Also, avoid simple/processed sugars. It could also be lack of proper rest. Or many other things.

It's tough to say without more information.

thanks, i think i am not eating enough before the work out. I always thought if i ate more than i would get a stomach ache at gym, so i dont eat lunch until after. Thanks for the advice!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back