WAG Optional Requirements Out

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Not to sound dumb or anything but can you give an example of a B release move?
===

Well most coaches stay away from them because they are basically teaching the kids to do horrible releases. A bail from a cast to support (can not go to handstand), and straddle back to support, (again cannot go to handstand). there are a few other releases out there, but everyone does the pirouette because teaching a release not to handstand is counter productive. and well,,, a pirouette is a pretty basic necessity and they are not hard. If a child cannot do a pirouette then they probably are not going to be real successful on bars in the future, (i am sure there are a few exceptions out there).

My Lvl 9 this season did a hop-half release on the high bar straight into a shoot-over to the low bar then a pike on leap to the high bar then free-hip HS then double back off. The new reqts are no change for her.

What is the pike leap to the high bar? I've only seen a normal jump to high bar. How do they pike it?

===

Well most coaches stay away from them because they are basically teaching the kids to do horrible releases. A bail from a cast to support (can not go to handstand), and straddle back to support, (again cannot go to handstand). there are a few other releases out there, but everyone does the pirouette because teaching a release not to handstand is counter productive. and well,,, a pirouette is a pretty basic necessity and they are not hard. If a child cannot do a pirouette then they probably are not going to be real successful on bars in the future, (i am sure there are a few exceptions out there).

We saw a few bails at Level 8 Regionals last weekend. I don't think any of those girls scored particularly well and one of them had a spectactular crash on the skill. I suppose at the new Level 8, one will be permitted to do a bail that starts in handstand but doesn't finish in handstand (a C, correct?).

We saw a few bails at Level 8 Regionals last weekend. I don't think any of those girls scored particularly well and one of them had a spectactular crash on the skill. I suppose at the new Level 8, one will be permitted to do a bail that starts in handstand but doesn't finish in handstand (a C, correct?).
==
correct,

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back