Parents overcoming fears

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

D

ddlovesgym

How have your gymnasts been able to overcome fears? DD is having a huge block on BWO on BB. We've been through others in the past, but this is worse. Just wondering if anyone has suggestions beyond the time and repetition method. Thanks for any insight.

The only thing that worked with my DD was to get her OUT of the gym that just kept adding more pressure to her to throw the skill(s) she was having difficulty with. Sorry, that doesn't work!!!

I hope your DD's coaches have backed her down to a level where she felt successful with the skill... whether it's low beam, line on floor, whatever. If they're working WITH her to try to overcome her fears, she will, with time. If they're putting a lot of pressure on her to perform the skill, I'm afraid it will probably get worse!!!

Thanks. Coaches are great. She's back to doing it on low beam and w mats on middle. As you know its just frustrating for everyone. I'm sure in time it will come. Too bad this is the start of our season :( so taking time off isn't an option.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back