Parents Pink Invitational?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

MaryA

Proud Parent
Proud Parent
Anyone else going to Pink? Meet schedule is out! I don't see it on the website, but HC had it at practice on Friday. We had made Hotel reservations for both Friday and Saturday night, but turns out DD is competing Sunday night! Doesn't it just figure? So I guess we'll be changing our reservation to Sat/Sun and missing a day of school/work on Monday. It sounds like it's going to be crazy... 3 competition spaces, hundreds of competing gyms, thousands of gymnasts... I can't even imagine! Promises to be a memorable weekend!

We aren't going (we are going to another "pink invitational" in Morgantown, WV in Feb.), but just wanted to send good luck vibes to your DD for a great meet :) I know it's a biggie! Hope she has an excellent time!

Yup we are going Saturday afternoon. We live close enough for us to drive. This is the first time Dd is going to this meet so my question is how does the Leo thing work? Do they get the Leo ahead of time or that day? Wishing all a fun meet :)!

Your daughter will receive her leo when she checks in and then she will go change. The past 2 years they had changing areas set up, but that was in a different venue. I would think they will do as they have in the past.

Anyone else going to Pink? Meet schedule is out! I don't see it on the website, but HC had it at practice on Friday. We had made Hotel reservations for both Friday and Saturday night, but turns out DD is competing Sunday night! Doesn't it just figure? So I guess we'll be changing our reservation to Sat/Sun and missing a day of school/work on Monday. It sounds like it's going to be crazy... 3 competition spaces, hundreds of competing gyms, thousands of gymnasts... I can't even imagine! Promises to be a memorable weekend!

You will have a ball. Our old gym has gone a few times and everyone loved it. Unfortunatly my DD never made it there. The first few times we had a schedule conflict and the one time she could make it we were stranded at the airport in an ice storm. Alot of the parents took a side trip to the GK outlet store. Don't know if its near by but they thought it was close enought for a group trip Good luck

Haha, my DD competed there and I HATED it. Terrible venue, picture 3 rows of chairs crammed around 2 sides of the competition area. Difficult to find your child because every kid in the comp is wearing the samepink leo. Wish they would let each team pick there own pink leo. You'll have fun I'm sure, but I'm glad my DD only competed there once. I did get some great vault pictures there though. The kids vaulted toward the audience, which is unusual but made for great photography. I think we were gym 2 for level 5, maybe gym 1 is better???

Haha, my DD competed there and I HATED it. Terrible venue, picture 3 rows of chairs crammed around 2 sides of the competition area. Difficult to find your child because every kid in the comp is wearing the samepink leo. Wish they would let each team pick there own pink leo. You'll have fun I'm sure, but I'm glad my DD only competed there once. I did get some great vault pictures there though. The kids vaulted toward the audience, which is unusual but made for great photography. I think we were gym 2 for level 5, maybe gym 1 is better???

They're in a different space this year. It's at the convention center in Philly. Hopefully it will be better? I do like that we're staying at a hotel that is actually connected to the convention center, so maybe any stress brought on by the huge venue, crowds, etc. Will be offset by essentially sleeping AT the meet, both the night before and the night after her competition? Here's hoping! Did your daughter like it, at least?

It's in Philly this year, not where it has been in the past? Our gym doesn't go, but a lot of my daughter's friend's go. Being in Philly should be neat!

They're in a different space this year. It's at the convention center in Philly. Hopefully it will be better? I do like that we're staying at a hotel that is actually connected to the convention center, so maybe any stress brought on by the huge venue, crowds, etc. Will be offset by essentially sleeping AT the meet, both the night before and the night after her competition? Here's hoping! Did your daughter like it, at least?

The convention center sounds like a much better choice of venue. It is a stressful meet. As soon as you get there, your kid has to register, get her "free" leo, go in the make shift dressing room (tent booths) change and then go warm up. It is a lot esp. if you're the first session. Maybe they'll allow you to pick up the leo the night before if you get there.

DD did not have a good time at all, but that was more her coach at the time. We left that gym :eek:)

My dd is competing at this meet, 1st time her gym is going to it. She's competing L9, but I have no idea what the schedule is - maybe we'll find out soon through! I'm within driving distance, so don't plan to stay...

We're within driving distance too, but we're going to do some Philly stuff while we're there. Plus I don't relish the thought of driving home 3-4 hours after a meet where registration doesn't start until 5:15. We had been really lucky with meet times so far this year... all of them early-to-mid afternoon on Saturday. But now this Saturday she has to be at a meet by 7:15 on Saturday morning, and the meet is more than 3 hours away (staying over, of course) and now the Pink meet on Sunday night...

Have fun it is a great meet. My daughter did it for 3 years when she competed. They take great pictures get the cd ahead of time if they offer it it was cheaper last year and probally the best gymnastics pictures I have of her. I would always take my family to see her in this meet since it was so nice plus a great cause. They have really nice vendors but last year we were late Sunday so a lot of stuff was gone you might want to check out the stuff to buy ahead of time if you go see her teamates at an earlier session. The judging is tough but they go out 50 % and it sounds like your daughter is doing really well the medals and trophys are real nice keepsakes. My daughter and I may go see her former teamates compete in this meet.

Your daughter will receive her leo when she checks in and then she will go change. The past 2 years they had changing areas set up, but that was in a different venue. I would think they will do as they have in the past.
. Thanks. It should be a good meet being in the convention center :).

I do know that the person doing the pictures is the same guy/business that did the pictures at Easterns last season. I am expecting great pictures and my dd's level is taking advantage of the pre-order discount. Thanks!

I do know that the person doing the pictures is the same guy/business that did the pictures at Easterns last season. I am expecting great pictures and my dd's level is taking advantage of the pre-order discount. Thanks!

Mine too! Good to hear that they should be great pics!

And thanks, PGM, for the heads-up about shopping. We're getting there on Saturday, so I'll take her over then. She has some Christmas money she is saving just for the occasion!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back