WAG Regional Percentages Question - R8

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
Maybe coaches in some states are less likely to actually send their numbers to the state chair and the numbers are skewed...
I think all sanctioned meets send results to the state chair. State qualifying scores and number of athletes competing a level would come from these results.

Maybe coaches in some states are less likely to actually send their numbers to the state chair and the numbers are skewed...
I certainly would hope not. That only hurts their own state.

Prouddad, there is no major conspiracy here. I am sure each of the states makes sure they have been awarded the right amount of spots. As stated previously, the numbers are not based on who goes to state meet. They are based on who qualifies and additionally, who achieves a 34. It is quite possible that GA has a lot more gymnasts that qualify and score 34, but whose gym does not participate in the state meet.

If you are still really concerned about it, talk to your gym owner. He/she will either be able to clarify.

Last edited:
I think all sanctioned meets send results to the state chair. State qualifying scores and number of athletes competing a level would come from these results.

What about out of state meets? ;)

My state definitely sends an email to all gyms asking for the number of kids that each gym has that has hit the scoring benchmarks at each level. Not sure if there is follow up if they don't receive an answer, as we always send our numbers in...

What about out of state meets? ;)

My state definitely sends an email to all gyms asking for the number of kids that each gym has that has hit the scoring benchmarks at each level. Not sure if there is follow up if they don't receive an answer, as we always send our numbers in...

Good point... as someone who has helped out a meet director and understands the why of not having a schedule until a week out. Follow up is frequently needed to get gyms to provide info.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back