RIP Yuri Ryazanov

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I dont know whether you've all heard but Yuri Ryazanov, the russian gymnast who came 3rd in the Men's All Around at Worlds was killed in a car accident on his way home from Moscow airport yesterday. I just got home from gym and my parents told me (I was at a teammates house last night). I know I was completley shocked and devestated because I watched him compete at the 02. I thought it would be nice to pay our respects to one of Russia's finest male gymnasts from this decade. He was enthralling to watch and should have continued to enjoy his gymnastics career. I just can't believe it. It must be devestating for his family and teammates and everybody who knew him and I cant imagine what they're going through. I just wanted to pay my respects and hope he rests peacefully in heaven. It is a tradgedy for such a wonderful gymnast's life to be cut so short and I hope the gymnastics community will remember him forever. :hugonwings::hugonwings::hugonwings::hugonwings:

So sad. He was an incredible gymnast. My thoughts and prayers for his family, friends and teammates. :(

I hadn't heard--how incredibly sad. My heart goes out to his family and friends.

Prayers and thoughts to his family, friends, teammates, and coaches.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back