Parents Session times

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

roll123

Proud Parent
So we are relatively new at competitions and our gym has never run a meet so please excuse this question if it's out of line. Why are session times released so late? We have a meet in less that 2 weeks and I have no idea what date/time DD will compete. The scratch/changes deadline was weeks ago. I have to request time off 2 weeks in advance so there's a good chance I will miss the meet if it's on my scheduled work time :(

Odds are that you will find out this week. Our girls just got their schedules for a meet on 10/30 and 31 on Saturday. 2 weeks is about the norm. Sometimes it takes even longer. we have had meets with the schedule out 2 weeks before that changed the schedule 3 days before. There is a lot that goes into making a meet schedule, so I think that is why it takes so long. I hope you don' thave to miss it.

For my son, we assume the whole weekend until we get the schedule. Meets can be Fri/Sat/Sun for most, sometimes even Thursday!

Even though there is a deadline, you'll get last minute drop/adds up to a week beforehand. I don't do the scheduling for meets we hold, but I know they have to balance out the session. If 3 gyms that are registered each have 3 girls that all of the sudden are ready to compete at Level X, we will want to accommodate that. But 9 new girls might make that session too big, so now we have to change around who is competing when.

Rather than send out a schedule early that might change, gyms opt to hold the schedule until they have made a firm cutoff on changes.

Hardest thing to get used to. Leaving a whole weekend open, because actual report times are so last minute. And then they can change after you have them.

We had one meet change the flipping weekend once, was not a happy camper for that one for a bunch of reasons.

Hardest thing to get used to. Leaving a whole weekend open, because actual report times are so last minute. And then they can change after you have them.

We had one meet change the flipping weekend once, was not a happy camper for that one for a bunch of reasons.
Due to weather issues, we had a meet postpone the start of the meet by 4 hours to give judges a chance to get there... we were told on our way to the hotel the night before.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back