Parents She got it!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

LoriLou

Proud Parent
I posted a while back about DD (7yo) doing her BHS and then losing it. I just left it alone after discussions on here, and watched her progress in the gym. Her coach has been working with her and the other L2 girls on the skill. She has the cleanest BHS of all of them with a spot, but she was still really nervous to do it without one. Her coach approached me and said that she may need a little extra "motivation" to do it. I told DD that if she did it at her practice last week I would buy her a new baby doll. Well.......what do you know, she marched out on the floor and did it 3 times!!!! Then she immediately ran over to me and said "Can my baby doll be wearing blue!?" What a stinker!!! But she got it and I'm proud.

That's awesome! A little bribery & what do you know... she did it! I love it when my kids learn a new skill. It's such a proud mommy moment :)

Congrats...haha...I remember the days when a new toy or leo was actually exciting enough to my DD to make her push harder at getting a skill ;)...

That's precious. I remember when my daughter needed a bit of encouragement to really go for a skill and a promised treat did just the trick - a new handguard bag, a club t-shirt. Just a couple of months ago her ro bhs had gone astray and she was stressing about why it wouldn't come back. She made a deal that if she had a ro bhs bhs by Christmas she could have a guinea pig. Well it seemed a safe deal for me... and as I type I can hear her and little brother chattering away to their new Christmas guinea pigs downstairs lol and why not, she worked for it :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back