WAG Special prize at meet??

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

Committed

Proud Parent
Reaction score
So, we got back from DDs 1st meet ever! Yay! Before the awards , a few girls got called up to get some kind of prize: a plush tiger key ring. They didn't explain why, just called the girls up- about 10 of the 59.DD was the only one from her gym to get one, and looking at the range of girls that got one, I can't figure out why. It didn't look like all youngest or because of others first meet.

Ill ask the coaches on Wednesday.......
but does anyone else have a clue?

They did something like this at one of our meets. It was for not having any major falls on any event.

I've seen those types if awards given for stuff like biggest personality, best smile on floor, best sportsmanship, things along those lines.

I've seen those types if awards given for stuff like biggest personality, best smile on floor, best sportsmanship, things along those lines.
DD certainly could have gotten "sassiest walk"!! Girl shakes those hips and flicks her wrists like she's looking for a date!

Meets around here often give judges awards.....one for each event....often for a gymnast that overcomes an obstacle in their routine; ie: most graceful beam fall or best fly off bars.

Once my daughter got an award that was because she had a super high leap on beam. So, not always a 'not your best' routine.

Sometimes they do handstand contests etc at smaller meets (ones held at a gym) while final scores are being tallied. My daughter won a cool glow in the dark gymnastics pillowcase once!

All fun stuff.

I think her session ran late, so there was no explanation ..... do you think they told the coaches what they were for?

Hard to say since they didn't give an explanation, but we give out awards for best hair, best smile, etc. Sometimes we'll have a "random" drawing if a vendor donated something (our random isn't really random--we typically pick the gymnast who looks like they're having a really tough day and award it to her--but, shhhh, don't tell anyone that!)

i have never seen that.. but anyway, how'd she do?? did she love it?? did you have fun watching?? i remember dd's first meet.. such an exciting day!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back