State to National gymnastics (Australia)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

T

tumblingbree

just wondering, what is the equivalent of state 6 to nationals, as in skills.Im in state 6, say if i were to transfer programs what level of nationals would i be in? i do gymnastics in victoria

State level 6 in Victoria is similar to national level 5. Except in national level 5 you need both glide kip and long kip and in state 6 you only need one. Also in national 5 all the split leaps and jumps must hit 180 degree's where as though in state 6 they only need to hit 135.

do you know what the average age is in a national 5 group, i'm 14 and can long kip and glide kip would i be to old for this group?

They have unders and overs. I don't think you would be to old for that group. I know some girls are doing like level 3 who are 13

Noticed that you were state 6 - so am I but I'm in NSW hehe! Welcome to the chalk bucket!
anyway in response to your question
In my gym you would be the oldest by about 2 years in the NDP 5 group but our gym has quite young levels if that makes sense so I am sure that at other gyms there would be older level 5s, One of the level 3s I used to coach was in year 7 so would be turning 13, so i don't think you're too old

There are lots of level 5's competing at your age and older. In Australia there is no upper age limit on any level. You can be 45 and compete as a level 2 or 3 if you like.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back