Parents Straddle Press Handstand Question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

billise

Proud Parent
I was sitting at my kitchen table this evening working on my computer while DD was messing around in the family room. I looked up and watched quietly as DD completed her first straddle press handstand. It was a bit jerky but she did it all the way up to vertical. I jumped up and asked her to do another one so I could video tape it but she couldn't do it. about 2 hours later she wanted to try again so she tried several more times but she wasn't able to do it (she was able to push her bottom up in the air but couldn't get her legs up). DD has been trying to get this skill for several months now and I'm hoping someone will reassure me that now that she's done it, it will just take a while to become consistent (like so many other skills). It seems (from reading other posts) that this skill can be somewhat elusive so I'm hoping that the fact that she's done it once means that she can get it?

Like my DD's kip! I only wish she was sporadic before her competition season started and not during! It has made for more nerve racking season than last. Hoping she will hit it tomorrow at her meet:).

Geoffrey Taucer, thanks for the smile!!!

Gymmom8772 I'll say a little prayer for her kip tomorrow at church. My DD just started working on kips and I think it might be a long road for us :)

Thanks Billise...we may need them:). The kips have been quite the challenge. She's had them off and on but I think (and keeping fingers crossed!) they are coming and hopefully will stay!

Your DD will get those press handstands too. I remember my DD was determined for 2 months and she got them. Now she can hit them consistently but wants to get more than one. Sometimes she'll hit 2 or 3, sometimes not. Always a work in progress!

My daughter is Level 9, 14 years old and has never been able to do a press handstand. Maybe one, on occasion, if she really focuses.

I guess I'm saying it's not the be all and end all if they can't do it.

My two cents.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back