Parents Timing couldn't be worse!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

sportsmommy

Proud Parent
So my dd has been having a successful time training for this competition season. She moved up to platinum and had gained many new skills. Her form was looking really good. It was like something just clicked. She was moving past her fears. She was confident again after several years of struggling. And then it happened, a growth spurt! Yay, because she was only 4 ft 9 at 12 but she has lost half her skills. I am sure its due to the vestibular issues i have read on here. She also is achy and emotional. Coach said she is a mess. She laughed about it and said not to worry and i am not but her first real meet of the season is in one week!! Its also the biggest meet of the season!! I know there isnt anything we can but ugh!!

Don't worry about it! I grew 3 inches in less than a year, and my form became worse and I lost skills-but I quickly got them back! Just eat healthy, plenty of sleep and condition a lot! Good luck to your dd!!

at least she knows why its all gone to pot, she will get those skills back when she gets used to her new size and gains a bit more strength

One of DS's teammates has been cranky and off. His dad gave me a quick rundown of what this kid had eaten in a single approximately 3 hour period over the weekend. After working his digestive system that hard, I am surprised he could walk, much less do gymnastics. I have no idea where he put all of it, but I expect him to translate it into inches within a few weeks. Good luck to your DD! It will all come back.

mine do that - both boys are currently eating for England, so I expect a trip to the clothes store soon, plus little lads shoes have gone from a 61/2 to and 8

That is rough. I hope the grows quickly and gets her skills back soon. Hang in there. I think my 10 yr old may be getting ready for a growth spurt soon too :)

My dd has been eating a lot as well and has gone up two leo sizes. She is frustrated at gym but i think overall she is just excited about growing!

Reactions: sce
I hope she adjusts quickly and finds her skills right where she left them! Between my two DDs we have seen a growth of over 7 inches in the last year... And I can tell neither is done yet. I am glad she is excited and not stressing, and I agree it's good when they can see a tangible reason for temporary skill loss.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back