Parents Tips for the Season

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

vagymmomma

Proud Parent
Parents are always asking what they can say or do. My DD liked this list in Inside Gymnastics this month (she printed it out and showed me). It has some simple words of wisdom for gymmies. It might be a little cheesy, but my kid liked it. I loved the 'T's'. Rolled my eyes at the 'C'. :)

10 Tips for Succeeding this Season
By Cindy Yu

Goals: Go get a grip on ’em! Raise the standards and vault yourself toward victory.
You, yeah you! Someone is always watching. Practice as if you were performing on a podium.
Mental toughness: The differentiating factor between competitors and champions.
No you can’t? Yes you can! Take “I can’t” out of your gymnastics vocabulary.
Adaptability is key. New time zone? Hot pink floor? If the Fierce Five can do it, so can you!
Snack healthy. Stay hydrated. Sleep lots. Your body needs fuel to flip-flop.
Trust your coaches. Treasure your teammates. They are basically your second family!
Injuries and illnesses are sometimes inevitable. Rest up, recover and restore your body.
Condition your body and condition your hair. Nothing beats abs of steel and luscious locks!
Score a perfect 10 – or at least try to! Don’t give the judges a reason to take a deduction.

Anyone have any others to add? I was thinking about "Cover your eyes during beam" for a parents version of a C.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back