Parents Transitions-not easy :(

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

New years eve weekend daughter's gym was effected by tornados. It flooded the gym. Horrible. The following weekend-the ice melted and more rain. The gym had to shut down and move all operations to the other facility-equal distance from us but opposite direction.
Daughters are now training on unfamilar equipment with 2 new coaches with different coaching styles. Her main coaches are the ones who own the gyms. They are having to move equipment and make room for both sets of equipment. They missed 2 practices due to weather. UGH
Out of state meet last weekend. Daughter went with her best friend. Needless to say, neither girl was focused at the meet and scores showed it. It was 8 am and her ADHD meds weren't given early enough to kick in. She got scores in the mid eights except on beam which was a mid 7. Beam was unbalanced at the meet. Sunday when daughter 2 competeted her coaches took a level to it and evened it out. Daughter 2 got a 9.575 on bars. :)
I think older dd had too many transistions to adjust to in the middle of a season. Ugh. Not pretty. Hoping for a better week this week.

Wow. Seems like one thing after the other. Sorry to hear about their gym being effected by the tornadoes, rain, and ice so badly. Im sure its tough having to switch all the sudden to a different gym, and have different coaches. Thats too bad about the meet. And the equipment not being properly set up. I hope she has a better week this week also, and adjusts a little better

Thanks. :) Things should be better. Most of the equipment that they are used to is now up. I think she is starting to adjust to the new routine. :)

This winter has been a rough one for many places! Hope things begin to become more comfortable for your gymmies :) and they have a better time in the weeks to come.

And here I am obsessed with our flood. We're often so casual about it, but weather is such a powerful force all you can do is try to survive it. I've never experienced a tornado but they sound very scary.
Hope your DD wasn't too discouraged by the meet experience.
PS: WOW on that bar score!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back