Trouble connecting skills

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi everyone, I'm new to the chalk bucket and this is my first post :)
I have a standing flip flop and my round-off but whenever I try to connect it, I stop and swing my arms. Any tips to connect the skills? Thanks

Do you have it connected with a spot? Sometimes its just the mental aspect. A lot of gymnasts struggle with this connection, and it will come in time : ) Try to keep your arms by your ears the entire time, and also work back handsprings on a trampoline with no swing. Just stick your arms up and go. After that, just think of doing the same thing out of a roundoff. Hope this helps a little, I'm sure you will get it.

When you do a round-off by itself, what is the rebound like? If you're turning it over correctly, you should be falling backwards after your round-off (you can do it with mats behind you so you aren't scared of going backwards). You need that same kind of motion to connect it to a flip flop. If you just go straight up, you may need drills to work on the round-off itself. If you go backwards, it probably is a mental issue and a spot would help. Of course, a coach would hopefully know better since they work with you in person.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back