Tsukahara.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi, my latest mental block is the tsukahara.
I have done I the fore, with one coach, but right now I can't even get my feet to move when I stand at he end of the vault runup. When I do run, I stop at the springboard.
Last week I watched my best friend (3 years older than me) doing a pike tsukahara by herself, and I saw as she dislocated her finger and it bent to a right angle.
Can anyone help, how can I get over this mental block?

Sent from my iPad using ChalkBucket mobile app

Remember, it's all in your head. Your not scared of a tsuk, your scared of falling.
It seems like your over thinking this. When it's your turn to vault, take a deep breath and tell yourself your going over the vault no matter what.
You could also try to address what your scared of. Are you scared of landing on your head, are you scared of hitting the vault, are you scared of under rotating? If you establish that, you can do drills that will help you.

Okay, the main bit I am scared of is under rotations and landing on my head! Thanks, I will tell my coaches and ask for some drills! Thank you x

Remember, it's all in your head. Your not scared of a tsuk, your scared of falling.
It seems like your over thinking this. When it's your turn to vault, take a deep breath and tell yourself your going over the vault no matter what.
You could also try to address what your scared of. Are you scared of landing on your head, are you scared of hitting the vault, are you scared of under rotating? If you establish that, you can do drills that will help you.

Thanks you! For your help x

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back