Tumbling and trampoline

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My dd has expressed interest in possibly trying T&T, but I don't know anything about it. Apparently our gym just started offering it this year (its at their other location, so we don't see it except at certain meets). What age are kids generally that do it or is it like gymnastics, in that any age does it? Do they have levels? Do girls ever do both T&T and gymnastics? It seems like it certainly can't hurt her L4 skills, but I wasn't sure about the downsides to doing both. My dd will be 7 in April and it seems like most of the girls I saw a recent meet were older than that. Thanks!

J does both WAG and TNT but from reading here it does not seem very common. This fall she will begin competing L4 WAG and right now she competes L5 TNT. By next TNT season she will be L6/7. For J its good because her tumbling skills far outweigh her all around gymnastics skills. As an example yesterday she was working on BHS whips on the rod floor.

She really enjoys both so we will see how long it lasts. At her last TNT meet there were many in the 7/8 age group. J just turned 7 in Dec so thats the age group she competes in.

Good luck!

At my friend's gym, he has both girls and guys in compulsory and optional who do both with some that got to go to National's. That part is very cool in itself since Nationals doesn't happen in Artistic Gymnastics till L9 I think.

My dd wants to try t&t too since her brother does it stricly for diving and not to compete it. I think doing t&t could only help with your dd's gymnastics. It could be really fun and different too.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back