WAG Tumbling too fast?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Canadian_gym_mom

Proud Parent
Okay first I will say if this similar post comes up again is because I tried to post from my ipad but it didn't seem to go through. So my apologies if this is a duplicate.

So dd was doing a roundoff, 3 whips, 3 back handsprings then a full (I'm not sure what that is). I am wondering if there is a deduction for going too fast. It's like she was even speeding up during the pass, and after the whips her back hand springs were so fast.

She wasn't "out of control" fast, and she was landing in the pit, but I just wonder if the pass should stay at the same speed?

I know there is deductions if the speed makes her be out of position, but my main question is the speed.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, thanks in advance for answers,

I don't know what the judges look for in T&T, but that's not gonna stop me from blurting out an opinion. The best of tumblers will increase the speed their entire body travels to the final element of their tumbling run. Fast in that sense is a great thing. With that in mind, your dear daughter should increase the distance traveled on each successive whip, and the first two back handsprings. The third bhs may be a tad shorter to set her into the right rhythm and position for a final big air element like a 3/1 or 4/1 twist, or a bit longer for a different big air element like a double salto in any form, tucked through layout.

It sounds like a lot of fun.

Ideally yes since the whips are supposed to be an accelerator to build up momentum for a big finale.

Ideally yes since the whips are supposed to be an accelerator to build up momentum for a big finale.

Hey BlairBob...... It just suddenly struck me that your avatar looks like my presentation of a one arm iron cross. Yeah, I had one too, and way before you. :p

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back