UK Range and Conditioning

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

meeeshymoo

Proud Parent
My dd competed UK National Grade 8 and passed woo hoo. The R & C was not the best, did not hold splits, and had to restart, very wobbly, passed just.

My question is to those who have to take R & C is this an integral part of the gymnasts training, ie included in their normal program or is it something that is left until just before the grades come around ?.

:)

It's very much a part of dd's gym. She's 7 and has spent the last year on pre-squad doing conditioning. The only skills she learned were handstand and cartwheel!

She moved to the wag team proper at Christmas. They have 3.5-four hour practices. As far as I can tell the first hour is warm up and range skills, splits, bridge, walkovers, tick tocks and handstands. The middle part is apparatus, then the last hour is conditioning, levers to handstand etc, and increasing flexibility, coach stretches, over splits, passive and active stretching.

I dont see them practicing the routines as such, but all wag girls do the training every practice.

I thought the r&c was a levels thing- I didn't realise you did them for grades as well :thick: Well done to your dd for passing grade 8! That's pretty good going for a 10 year old isn't it? :reallydoesknownothing:

Thank you, I think that ours is the same except some elements of the R & C don't seem to be covered in training, as far as I can see anyway. They have had extra practise time specifically for R & C, and looks like conditioning is going to be stepped up. I think that it would be a shame to drop it and then not pick it up again until next year, but hopefully it will be incorporated into their training.

Just curious as to how other gyms do it, several of the clubs had girls that were just amazing and beautiful to watch. They looked like they could hold a handstand split forever !!.

You do R & C at grades 14 & 13, and 8 - 5, but they are not as difficult as the compulsory levels !. Although still look difficult enough to me !! :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back