MAG What to feed/do before an afternoon/evening in house meet?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

OwlGalLiz

Proud Parent
Our gym is having an in house meet today (4-7) to get the boys ready for season. It's my DS's first one. Fortunately (?) it is also the last day of school before Thanksgiving break. My son is in kinder and they are having a "Thanksgiving Feast" from 1230-130 and we are able to check them out of school afterward (usually school is out at 305). I know he shouldn't eat an hour/hour and a half before the meet starts, but I want to make sure he has something (and some down time) between school and the meet. Any thoughts? He is seriously excited for today.

Seems like a day to bring him home early, let him do whatever he does to relax that isn't too active (play with his toys, watch an episode of a tv show, play a board game) ad give him a light snack if he needs something else around 3:00.

I would feed him at about 3:00. My son like a small salad with grilled chicken or a peanut butter and jelly sandwich before a meet. Also make sure he has plenty of easy to eat healthy snacks in his gym bag - we just do granola bars. Good luck to him!!

So cute - I hope he has a blast!

Crackers and cheese stick or 1/2 of an egg & bagel sandwich are a favorite for before a meet. Water and goldfish are usually the easy standard in his bag for meets. Sometimes try to throw in some strawberries if it is going to be a long one for a quick sugar pick up.

It was a lot of fun, though they were tired at the end. It turned out his Thanksgiving feast from 1230-130 was plenty. With popcorn, turkey, grapes, veggies and a cookie he was full enough to last the whole meet. They had pizza for the team afterward and a booster club mom made a turkey for each kid out of cookies and candy. So they enjoyed! He loved the meet and can't wait for the next one.

Thanks for your suggestion. I really appreciate that you took all this time to try and help us. Keep up the good work. Keep on taking action.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back