WAG Who has a press handstand on beam? I have a question!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

C

catie

Today my coach spotted my straddle press handstand on beam. I did it "longways", on the narrow side, I don't know how I should explain that, but like where your hands are so close together that they are touching!

Like this:

He said this is super hard, because your hands are so close together and he said that if you do it like a "normal" press handstand mount, like this:

Is this true? Is it a lot harder? Or possible?

And another question:
Could I still learn 3 handstand presses in a row although I am 21 already? I am small, light and very flexible and can press to straddle handstand from floor!
How long does it usually take to learn one?

Thanks!

My daughter concurs with your coach. Her beam mount is a press handstand but she stands on the side of the beam.

However, a teammate of hers did a press mount where she stood at the end of the beam and pressed up before doing a front walkover out of her press so definitely both are done.

Sideways is definitely easier, but my daughter said once you have it sideways, lengthways follows pretty easily.

And you can do anything you set your mind to! :)

My dd says it's harder to do it like in the first video. She does one for her beam mount. But, for TOPs, they did them sideways. Maybe easier to do multiple ones that way??
(Beam was very first in this video, so you can see it quickly and not have to go through the whole video)

Sideways is definitely easier, but my daughter said once you have it sideways, lengthways follows pretty easily.

And you can do anything you set your mind to! :)

Thank you! Is a the lengthway press handstand on beam harder than one on floor?!
If I could do 2 or 3 straddle press handstand in a row on floor, should I have the one on beam them?

My dd says it's harder to do it like in the first video. She does one for her beam mount. But, for TOPs, they did them sideways. Maybe easier to do multiple ones that way??
(Beam was very first in this video, so you can see it quickly and not have to go through the whole video)

Thanks!

OMG, I watched the whole clip twice!!! Amazing job!!
Do you know if the lengthway press handstand on beam harder than one on floor?!

Thanks! My dd says on beam is easier than on floor. Less pressure on your wrists. So, if you can do them on the floor, you can do them on the beam. Mentally, it's scarier, though. :)

Thanks! My dd says on beam is easier than on floor. Less pressure on your wrists. So, if you can do them on the floor, you can do them on the beam. Mentally, it's scarier, though. :)

A big thanks to your DD!!!

Thanks!

OMG, I watched the whole clip twice!!! Amazing job!!
Do you know if the lengthway press handstand on beam harder than one on floor?!
My daughter likes doing them on beam better, but it's personal preference. She said it's a little easier to grip.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back