Woodward!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Canadian_gym_mom

Proud Parent
The brochures came in for Woodward camp this year. Our gym is going week 11. DD is OVER THE MOON excited, lol. There are a couple of girls from the gym in the brochure, as well as in the video on their website. Anyone else here do Woodward either as a team or individually?

I went last year individually, 1 other girl from my gym came.
I'll probably be going the 1st or 2nd week.
But it's SOOOO much fun! I'm sure she'll have a blast!!!

dd has gone the past 2 years and will likely go this year. About a 1/4 of her team goes as a group on week 4.

We are thinking of going this year but haven't committed yet. If dd goes, it would likely be week 8 with her teammates.

We went by ourselves (dd and I) 2 summers ago. I would like to go again this summer. Trying to figure out how to find out when our old gym will be there so we can avoid them. So not sure when. I would probably go with her again due to her food allergies. Not as a cabin mom, but maybe a driver if I can get in. I am not ready to let her go by herself yet, she had several reactions last time we went.

I was just coming here to ask about Woodward.
I know that our gym gets a price reduction of some sort for sending a group of girls, but after looking at the prices, I am hoping that it is a substantial break otherwise there is no way we could swing it.

For those that have had girls go or have gone themselves; is it really worth it? Do they learn that much skill-wise? Or is more about having a great time?

^^ how old is your DD and what level is she? The discount for the team is not that big, that i know of maybe like $50? your could always work as a mini mom/ driver etc.

^^ how old is your DD and what level is she? The discount for the team is not that big, that i know of maybe like $50? your could always work as a mini mom/ driver etc.

She is a 9yo level 5.
I think the only way we could swing it would be if I were a driver and tied it into our family vacation- Dh's family are outside Philadelphia.

I was just coming here to ask about Woodward.
I know that our gym gets a price reduction of some sort for sending a group of girls, but after looking at the prices, I am hoping that it is a substantial break otherwise there is no way we could swing it.

For those that have had girls go or have gone themselves; is it really worth it? Do they learn that much skill-wise? Or is more about having a great time?

I wouldn't send her there expecting her to learn lots of new skills. There is great equipment and great coaching, but it's only a week, after all. It's possible that a different coach might explain a skill in a way that "clicks" with your daughter and she'll "get it" after struggling at her home gym. And she will probably get to try things she might not at home... like last summer (as a level 5-training-6) my DD got to try giants on the strap bar. Now, she certainly didn't "get" her giants, but she got to try them, which was fun and exciting for her. I think it's mostly the fun of doing what you love to do with a bunch of other people who love to do it too, plus just the whole camp experience. But it's certainly not worth going in to debt over or anything like that.

You can apply for a scholarship. I know several girls who have applied for a partial scholarship- pay as much as they can and ask for the rest- and they have been successful.

At our new gym, not many girls go to camp, but the ones who go are encouraged to go to Woodward. My DD's have gone to IGC (oldest since 2006), and this year, after assuring me that she wants to go back to IGC, and sending in a deposit in August (to get $100 discount), Little Monkey informs me last night that maybe she'd like to go to Woodward "instead" :eek:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back