Yay I got my cartwheel on high beam..

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

gymnastjess

Hey.... so at gym on saturday i stuck my very first cartwheel on high beam. It's funny because i still can't always land my cartwheel on low beam but high beam seems so much easier for me :confused:, I know that the cartwheel in the vid is terrible but all my good ones were gone for the day after showing both my coaches and team-mates and convincing myself i can do it haha...
YouTube - Cartwheel on high beam...
Also, the cartwheel is at the end. At the start is my team-mate Jess and one of my coaches Kasey doing 1 handed handstands and trying to hi-5 each other hehe :)

Congratulations on getting your cartwheel on high beam, thats a great achievement!

Many people do find the high beam easier because with the low beam being so close to the ground its no big deal to go off to the side and land on the floor, for the high beam its much more of a big deal so they just have their focus in differently.

Thanks everyone!! hehe Deanna :p Thanks Aussie coach, what level is the cartwheel on beam performed here in Aus i have only ever seen it performed as a cartwheel back sault or cartwheel straight jump dismount? thanks everyone again and yes i'll have to change my sig :)

Excellent job! That is awesome! Yeah, it's not too uncommon, as Aussiecoach said, to be able to do a cartwheel on highbeam with less issue, because the fall down is A LOT further lol

Good job! I've been watching my daughter and her group working on this and I know it's tough to get. Way to go!

WTG Jess. I saw your post earlier, wanted to reply but wasn't logged in and then I was logged in under my sons account, so couldn't see youtube. Finally watched tonight. ;) Congratulations.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back