WAG Yey - New Floor Routine!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Flossyduck

Proud Parent
Not really a brag at all, but nothing else on this silly pre-fix list fits...

Daughter got back from gym about an hour ago and she was bursting with excitement, because she's finally getting her own floor routine.

When she joined the club in April she'd only competed a couple of basic routines with set moves and no music. They were in the middle of competition season, so they just gave her the same routine and music as someone else, but she started in a different corner and ended in a different pose! She hated the music and the routine wasn't really her.

She's been bursting for her own routine, constantly making things up and asking me what I think?!

They had their annual display a couple of weeks ago and she loved putting the group dance together and she was given her new beam routine a few weeks ago, which helped, but finally Ta Da!!!

Now my daughter is great at many things, but holding a tune is definitely not one of them... so even after she'd done a bit of humming the music remains a complete mystery to me BUT the beginning of the routine - even when performed in tatty old pj's on our sitting room carpet (no tumbles obviously!) is so very pretty and she couldn't stop grinning.

If I could have wrapped it up I don't think any Christmas present could have made her happier :D

That's fantastic! When a gymnast finally gets her own routine it is so special. I had a similar situation some years back. I got someone else's routine and I HATED it. The music, the dance, the poses, the beginning and ending; I hated it all. I had it for a year and finally got a routine to call my own! I even did the whole, "show mom in the living room" thing :)

Congrats to your dd!!

Aww, they are sooo excited when they get their new routines aren't they?!
One of our groups of gymnasts who have been in the squad since September just got their routine for our club championships (all the same for now as not competing regionally yet) and they were SO excitable! Every spare minute they were in their starting poses, even if they weren't actually on floor! I can't wait until they get their own routines!

Congrats to your DD for getting her new routine!

Yep, every time I catch her unawares she's now doing 'the pose'. She only has the first bit - maybe 15 seconds, but she does it constantly.

We went to the world cup in Glasgow this weekend and when we walked in to our hotel room the first thing she said was "wow, mummy look there's enough room for me to practice my routine, there's even a corner".

LOL fancy that, a room with a corner!

Love that she's so happy, how can I not smile :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back