backwards moves on beam

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

R

rardjds

for level 7 in canada you need a skill that goes backwards. Thats a bit of a problem for me becuase i like to do front rolls, cartwheels, and roundoffs. None of these skills go backwards. For level 7, i have three Bs (press mount, free-roll, roundoff), a split, but i have no backwards moves! Backwalkovers just DON'T work for me, and i fing bhs really scary. Any other backwards moves? Is back shoulder role even a move in level 7? and what about backrolls on beam? are they really hard? Also, my shoudlers are very un-flexi. Any ideas on a skill thats pretty easy that goes backwards on beam? thanks.

Can you do a back extension roll to handstand. It looks nice on beam, sadly the backwards shoulder roll isn't even an A.

Can you do a brige kick over on beam. It is like a backwalk over, only you don't have to go back onto your hands. If so you could do a tick tock. I am almost certain that it counts as a backwards skill. This way you go into your front walk over and just kick back to standing. I will check to confirm that it is backwards.

to add onto gym4life, the tik-tok is a good one, my friend did it for level 7 in her routine this year, and the judges liked it very much because not alot of people do themm and they are a great touch to the perfect routine ;)

i'll try the tok-tok, but cuz of my shoulders those sorta of moves are tricky for me. also, maybe i'll try the back-extension roll too, and see how that works out, thanks for all of the tips!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back