Have you experienced this?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

thegymfreak

Gymnast
So, I'm at a meet, listening to the 15+ awards age group (There are not many girls) and they call a girl up from "unattached". I have heard that this is because they do high school as well? So they are not really, um, attatched​ to a gym. What about you? Have you experienced this? If not, do you know what this means?:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

It can mean a lot of things, but the only thing that matters is that she's there and doing what she wants.

Here it is if a gymnast is in the process of switching gyms. Competing for her new gym but paperwork with british gymnastics may not have been fully completed so she is in no mans land so to speak!

I am surprised it is even allowed. In Australia you can't compete unless you are affiliated with a club and you are not allowed on the gym floor without an accredited coach.

Here it means the same as in the UK. You have a coach, but are in the middle of transferring and the paperwork is incomplete. Our season is brief and there are only three qualifiers, so missing comps is never a good choice, even though moving isn't always ideal, sometimes you have no choice.

I am surprised it is even allowed. In Australia you can't compete unless you are affiliated with a club and you are not allowed on the gym floor without an accredited coach.

The girls still had coaches affiliated with the club with them at all times.

Sent from my iPod touch using ChalkBucket mobile app

I believe that I know the answer to the question regarding an "unattached" gymnast. My dd is a club and high school diver and the same thing happens during diving season.

During the high school season an athlete can not technically dive for 2 teams. When attending AAU or USA diving meets during highschool season, the athlete must list themselves as "unattached" and the points earned are not allowed to count towards the total club team score.

They can still attend meets with the club team and be coached by the club coach, but high school diving is considered the primary team during high school season. For girl divers, this is fall season, for boy divers it is winter.

So, I imagine there must be this rule regarding gymnasts!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back