Parents I am still in shock! Level 6 Sectional Report

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymmonkeymomma

Proud Parent
Brag Alert!

Today was Little Monkey's 2nd Lv 6 Sectional...8am report, 45 min car ride. We were late getting on the road because we had hair product issues, LOL, so I was speeding..good thing there's really not much traffic at that hour on a Sunday.

LM was alone again, since there are only 2 Lvl 6's on our team and the other girl didn't qualify. We requested favorite coach since other coach would be doing 2 later sessions and if I'm paying for the entire fee, might as well get who works best for LM!

First up, floor - coach had her doing her back extension roll a bajillion times till it looked good and tight, well, that must have been the key because she scored 9.3 - her personal best!!!

Vault - it was tucked in a corner and I really could not get a good view of the post flight and landing. Afterwards, coach said she has done better before. 8.8.

Bars next...now you all know our bars issues - squat on, jumping, and last week, falling out of her flyaway. She was in a squad of 10 girls and they had 5 different bar settings so warmups took forever and she was last to warm up. First try, falls on her butt. 2nd try, still hesitant on the jump to hb, but didn't fall. Now the real thing..... she does everything she's supposed to with still a few extra seconds on the squat and drum roll please............ 9.15!!! :thumbsup:

Beam - a slight wobble after the bwo, and saved herself from falling after the full turn but otherwise pretty solid - 9.025.

There were 4 girls in her age group (7-9 yrs) so they placed out to 2nd.
Vault - would have been 3rd
Bars - FIRST PLACE!!! Personal best
Beam - 2nd
FX - FIRST personal best
AA - 36.275 another personal best and another FIRST PLACE!!

I am so happy that you were able to get the coach you wanted and that bats went awesome for her. What confidence builder for her. I bet there are many more great meets ahead of her

That is such great news, lovely that she is working through her issues one meet at a time. She is going to be peaking beautifully for States!

Yeah!!! Glad especially that she came through on bars!! Congrats to her!

Wow! Congrats to her on an awesome meet!!! So happy she did so well, especially on bars after all her issues. Woohoo!!!

Brag Alert!

Today was Little Monkey's 2nd Lv 6 Sectional...8am report, 45 min car ride. We were late getting on the road because we had hair product issues, LOL, so I was speeding..good thing there's really not much traffic at that hour on a Sunday.

lmao! I can soOo relate :D

Way to go LM!! You are amazing and I'm so proud of you! Those are some serious good scores you earned..woohoo!!!

Wowza - great meet for LM!!!! Those scores were fantastic, she should be ultra proud! :D Good job LM....

Are your girls doing AGA's Classic for the Cure New Year's weekend?

Wow! Congrats to LM!! A 36 at Level 6 is awesome!! She must be thrilled.

Meg

Wow! Great job! Those are some great scores and I love it when they get a personal best to go along with it. Way to go!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back