Interesting mount

GYMNASTICS
Parents... Coaches... Judges... Gymnasts...
DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members See FEWER Ads!
Join for FREE!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 26, 2009
California
I've just started level 7, and I need to choose a beam mount. I heard that you can do a front walkover up onto the beam in a weird way. I'm not sure how to explain this, but this is how it goes. You do a handstand on a spring board and put your back onto the beam in an arch position. Having a flexible back, I think this would be the perfect mount for me. Does anyone have any idea how to actually make the skill successfully though? I also heard that if you do a log roll it is considered a B skill. Is any of this stuff I'm saying true? Or am I just rambling? If anyone has any info about this skill I'd love to know it!

-GCG

B

Bobby

I've seen an aerial front walkover done to sit on the beam (sideways so feet together) which looked quite graceful. Haven't seen the one you mentioned.

Sep 19, 2008
Germany
I used to compete that one. It's fairly easy, and doesn't even require a flexible back (though it's nice if you have it).

Not sure how I continued to get up, though... or at the very least I cannot describe it. I agree though, keep it simple. That roll sounds interesting but is fairly hard.

Oct 6, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Log roll = way harder than it sounds. :p

The mount I've seen done before, and it looks good when it's done right. Talk to your coach about it and see if they can teach you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.