Parents Seeking opinions on privates in this situation

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

DD’s gym does move ups in January every year. The coaches moved her up in September, meaning she is/was trying to integrate into a class of kids who’d largely been there since January. To make things harder, she sprained her ankle (outside the gym) 1 week after she moved up, causing her to miss 3 weeks of anything leg related. Now she’s struggling. Part of me thinks eh, she was never gonna move up again in January, so who cares, let her take her sweet time learning this level and be moved up the following January. DH would totally go for this because he only ever thinks about money. The other part of me feels bad for my kid who is struggling and I feel like I should get her some privates so she doesn’t feel so far behind.
What are your opinions?
Private’s never hurt, if you can afford them. Just like you said about your DD, mine also got lots of skills during private’s. And coaches enjoy working with a kid one on one. However, we cut back on private’s to only doing them every 2 weeks or less, since with a lot of practice hours and school, private’s wear her out a lot.
I do think that your best option is simply to ask the coach, if private’s would help, and if he sees her moving up in January or not. If you ask, you will get a lot of clarity and a peace of mind. And yes, I think that private’s will definitely help your kiddo’s confidence.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back