Strap bar giants! help!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi, okay, so I have my front giants on strap bar, but I cannot get my back giants, and those are the ones I need! on my back swing, I get to a complete handstand, but in my forward swing I get almost to. handstand I go " belly up" as my coach says... i feel like if I pull my feet over ( so I do the giant) that I'll break my shoulder angle and my face/chest will smash into the bar, and I feel like I'll bend my arms too:/ how can I not feel like tht!? help me get over my fear/ be able to do it ( although i am real close) but the weird thing is that I can do front giants fine, but back giants are hard for me and everyone says that front giants r harder but for me they r easier!! help!!

Strap bar giants!

Hi, okay, so I have my front giants on strap bar, but I cannot get my back giants, and those are the ones I need! on my back swing, I get to a complete handstand, but in my forward swing I get almost to. handstand I go " belly up" as my coach says... i feel like if I pull my feet over ( so I do the giant) that I'll break my shoulder angle and my face/chest will smash into the bar, and I feel like I'll bend my arms too:/ how can I not feel like tht!? help me get over my fear/ be able to do it ( although i am real close) but the weird thing is that I can do front giants fine, but back giants are hard for me and everyone says that front giants r harder but for me they r easier!! help!!

Help with giants?

strap bar giants!

Please help with strap bar giants!

Deedles, you only need to ask this question once. Threads are now merged. Please do not QUADRUPLE post again.

Last edited:
If you are always pushing on the bar, you won't hit your face on it. Keep your head in and your shoulders extended.
Other than that, without a video, it's hard to tell.

well, it was posted 4 times. maybe that means you need to practice 4 times over 4 days...or weeks...or 4 months or...with 4 coaches. i know there is some meaning here.:)

p.s. send video.:)

Basic gold rule on bar. By always pushing against the bar, the bar can never harm you.

Basic idea is that you need to let your tap and feet pull you over the bar, the momentum of the leg from the tap (given its at the right time, which i am going to guess you tap to early, or you do a short tap) + the chest being kept down with pressure against bar through arms and shoulders = you going over in a nice hollow.

That is basically all there is to in on straps. If you are scared just tuck around the first one, bend your knees (to help increase the turn over)..Once you feel yourself go over and you know you are not going to get hurt... you will feel free to tap over always. (Note: do not do to many bent knee giants as a way to overcome fear, because you may get stuck with bent knee giants for a while if you do ).

Have your coach just lightly spot you to handstand while you keep hollow, and come back the same way (without going over), then when you feel like you just need a little more, BAM! tap and go over yourself.. (poorly explained sorry, need more of a video demo for this)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back