2011 YMCA National

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I've been told it will be in the midwest for sure, and rumor has it it is back in Sheboygan, WI (being from another WI YMCA I have heard from them) but we won't know for sure until San Diego!

Chicago doesn't have any Y competitive program that I remember either, but I could be wrong :/

Chicago doesn't have any Y competitive program that I remember either, but I could be wrong :/
Well we have a team at Leaning Tower YMCA. Its either in Chicago or in a small district near chicago. Its pretty small though so we probably couldnt hold it.

My coach said it will either be in the midwest or Glenns Falls NY. She isn't sure though. I wish i was going to this years nationals but I have school, my parents have to work, and it's 3000 miles away. :(

Just quoting what I read on the Toledo YMCA website. Maybe it is a gym in close proximity to Milwaukee. idk the area that well myself

Being from Wisconsin, and part of the Y program, the only program close enough that would be capable of hosting would be Sheboygan, WI again. Milwaukee Y lost their program about 8 years ago.

Nationals narrowed down

Nationals 2011 will either be in Toledo Ohio or Milwaukee Wisconsin. Each had the National committee visit in March. Milwaukee can hold it. They are looking at the Midwest express center and Bradley Center. Sheboygan will help run it since they know what they are doing! :D

AGAIN.. there is NO YMCA Gymnastics program in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. I know this being from Wisconsin and in the Y program. They lost their program about 6-7 years ago. Sheboygan will be the host if WI is chosen and held at the same venue as the last time it was held.

AGAIN.. there is NO YMCA Gymnastics program in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. I know this being from Wisconsin and in the Y program. They lost their program about 6-7 years ago. Sheboygan will be the host if WI is chosen and held at the same venue as the last time it was held.

geez...I am afraid to post. slk may bite my head off. :)

Oh I don't mean to sound rude :). I'm sorry! I just said it like 5 times, haha.

As part of the committee who preped for the visit they are looking at the downtown area of Milwaukee. Yes Sheboygan would be the host but they are changing how State and Nationals is run. It will be hosted by a Y but the National committee will have the say so over what is down. This year in San Diego is the first year that they are trying this.

As part of the committee who preped for the visit they are looking at the downtown area of Milwaukee. Yes Sheboygan would be the host but they are changing how State and Nationals is run. It will be hosted by a Y but the National committee will have the say so over what is down. This year in San Diego is the first year that they are trying this.

I think I am confused. They are changing how State will be run? For what reason? And how would it change how Nationals would be run by just hosting in a bigger location? Also, "Will have the say so over what is down"? Just a bit confused. Thanks for the clarification though!

Thank you!!!! Now only if we knew already where it'd be in 2012.. haha.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back