WAG Anyone want to score?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Pretty routine! I'm in the 8.4-8.5 range, but this angle is not ideal for judging. Her biggest deduction is on her handstand 1/2. She needs to get her other hand on the bar while she is still in handstand. Cast on high bar is low too. Other than that, there are some body position faults (pikey), some leg/foot separations and some rhythm issues that I bet she can easily clean up. Very nice dismount!

Pretty routine! I'm in the 8.4-8.5 range, but this angle is not ideal for judging. Her biggest deduction is on her handstand 1/2. She needs to get her other hand on the bar while she is still in handstand. Cast on high bar is low too. Other than that, there are some body position faults (pikey), some leg/foot separations and some rhythm issues that I bet she can easily clean up. Very nice dismount!

Thank you for the pointers. Those were deductions questions I had.

Awesome routine! My dd might be a level 8 this year and I would love hers to look like that! Nice toe hand and double back dismount :)

Her double back is a little off. She started training a gienger, and the drill has her release timing a little off. Oh, and she has a broken toe right now too. Practice meet is in 5 weeks, so there is plenty of time...maybe!

Thanks for your replies! ;)

Reactions: sce
I'm an 8.8. I didn't take anything for the spot on the double back, because I assume the coach wouldn't actually spot that in a meet. Like muffinsmom said, the 1/2 piroutte on the low bar is late, and there are few rhythm issues on the high bar and some leg/foot issues. I bet this will be in the 9s before you know it.

no clue but she did fantastic! i also expect her scores to be lower in the beginning as she gets the flow of it down but she did great. love it!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back