At home training?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I know training outside of the gym is
Generally frowned upon because of risk of injuries and creating bad habits. That being said, I feel as if being able to work more often will really help me out. Outside me house there are little wooden curbs (like floor beam size) metal bars and lots of grass. I'm currently working n a fronthandspring step out round off back handspring (the front handspring is the problem) cartwheel swing through round offs on beam,and glide kips on bars. Any tips or drills I could do?

I dont know drills to do for those particular things but I do some conditioning at home, and that helps with skills
I do these things which I got from a yahooanswers member rockinartist
[h=2]Best Answer - Chosen by Asker[/h]im a gymnast too so this is what i have to do... handstands(10) cartwheels(30) situps(100) push ups(50) sit in your splits for five minutes(five minutes on your left, five on right, five in the middle)... if you can go down all the way then put phonebooks under your feet, go to a local park and do pull ups on the monkey bars(45) i have to do this everyday...it helps ;)

I like to do lots of conditioning and flexiblility at home...

I usually start by turning on my iPod and sitting in splits for the durration of the song.

I do 20 push-ups than 20 sit-ups and repeat 5 times.

Also I like to hold a handstand for a minute against the wall three times.

I like to do 10 straddle L presses, and then hold a straddle L for one minute.

On A pull-up bar I usually start with 20 pull-ups,

Then 20 chin-ups,

Next 30 leg lifts,

Then I do 20 leg lifts from L

Next 10 pull up pul overs,

Lastly I like to do 10 skin the cats.

And if I have time it's a really good workout to do jump roping for 10 or 15 minutes.

I hope this helps:jump:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back